Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Be More Vague College Essay

   I had to write an essay for my college of choice recently. I always heard about difficult topics wondering what they could possibly be about. My first impression was that it was very specific leaving the writer without much to say. That might be true, but I encountered an opposing problem. The topic was way too basic. They asked why I chose their school and what it will bring me. Uh, what other reason does anyone go to college for besides partying, graduating and getting a good job? Everyone wants to make money, that's why they go to college. In fact, we HAVE to go to college. If not we will spend our worthless eternity praying for a manager's position at the local Mcdonald's.

   Any other reasons I could come up with seemed just as shallow. Why am I choosing to go to NJIT? Because it's better than a community college and I didn't get into Rutgers (actually that decision is still pending). You are also the closest school to me, cheapest and one of the few that had my major without requiring me to take two semesters of a second language. I should have mentioned to them that I'm lazy. I really don't know what they're looking for. How many people are going to tell them that it was their lifelong dream to be an engineer and they don't care about making money as long as they can do that. LIARS!

   I ended actually writing a pretty damn good essay. I mean so far NJIT did accept me and from what I hear it's a good school. Too bad it's in Newark and across the street from the ghetto. How ironic would it be that I start to go there and get killed and robbed by a degenerate who didn't go to college? Maybe then I'll be put out of my misery. Take notes colleges, make the essay topics a little bit more specific and realistic. No one is choosing your school because it was their lifelong dream. There are hundreds of schools, you are not special. Your students were probably just rejected from their real dream schools.

No comments:

Post a Comment