Sunday, March 13, 2011

Somethings are better left unsaid

   I am the most non-confrontational person in the world. I hate drama and tension and believe that they get people know where. From the years I've lived on this planet, I've learned a lot about people. One important key is that most people are stubborn and close-minded. Once you try to tell someone they are wrong, it's like a trigger is pulled and they instantly put their guard up. I don't like to be wrong, but I might not be right so I listen to others' opinions to see if I missed something. However, if you come at me like an army of words ready to attack and yell, just don't. I will not listen to any word coming out of someone's mouth who is so irrational.

   I wonder if society was always like this. I see my family and when they disagree, they usually talk it out. However, things can get out of control when there is no compromise which is understandable. But, how can people constantly have heated arguments over pretty much nothing? Now, I'm not talking about those who get on each others nerves because they are always around each other, but those who blow up at everything. When my girlfriend and I went on our cruise, the staff would make up our room and make these funny little creatures with towels. I remember she went into the bathroom and I saw the head was technically severed. We left the room and came back later that night. She joked around saying that when I went on the bed earlier that day I must have knocked it off. I said no, it was like that before (still laughing). She instantly got angry and yelled at me for blaming her for it. I said that I deliberately remember seeing it like that before. She yelled even more telling me I was wrong. So, I gave in and said she was probably right. I know that it isn't because we are sick of each other, it's because that's who she is. She has no tact when it comes to certain things and will ruin everyone's mood for dumb things like that. Sometimes, it's things that do not even involve her.

   She has gotten better than before, even if that previous example doesn't seem like it. I've pretty much left her because of her attitude and she's trying to change. Although, I have some other friends that are similar. They seem like happy and normal people, but don't tell them they are wrong unless you like to bicker about really dumb things. Maybe it's just me, but I like to get along with people and avoid senseless fights.

No comments:

Post a Comment