Saturday, March 12, 2011

Back to real life

   The one negative aspect of going away on vacations is that it makes you unappreciative of the small things in life. I am now back from my week long cruise and am dreading my upcoming school and work routine. Once you have a taste of something so sweet, you want more. The weather could not have been better. My girlfriend and I were having such a nice time, without everyone, without our cell phones, without the stress of daily life, without television. It was the quality time I've always wanted with her and I was surprised that she enjoyed it too. Usually she gets bored easily, but since we were elsewhere on a vacation, even boredom seemed okay.

   Even though we did mostly what she wanted, I was okay with everything. As long as she was having fun with just me, I was having fun. I was finally content and realized that that's what it must feel like to be happy like everyone else during their regular lives. I was content at almost every point and time. Even when she read for hours outside without a word to me, I did not feel any unhappiness due to the neglect. It was great to finally feel like that and not have that burden of obsession. However, I cannot diagnose the exact reasoning for this. There are three possibilities. One, I was on vacation away from work and school. Two, I was finally able to have my girlfriend to myself seven days straight. Three, I began this new herbal supplement cycle that helps with depression and anxiety. Mostly, I'm hoping it's the supplement because then I'll be able to be normal and okay when not on vacation, or near my girlfriend. Anyway, I'm back to real life and ready to begin the burden of saving money and working

No comments:

Post a Comment