Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Officially Jersey

   I guess I can officially call myself a hypocrite. I went to a tanning salon for the first time. I always said things to my girlfriend about her excessive tanning due to skin cancer.
Although, she finally won. Instead of getting her to stop, she dragged me along. I can't say I put up much of a fight. Besides, doing it once in a while won't be very damaging.

   I still find the idea of tanning quite pointless. You can almost compare it to smoking.  You are degrading your health for something that is not needed at all. Tan skin and black lungs are extremely unnecessary. In an ironic twist, people tan to look better. The twist? It's damaging your skin and when you get older, your skin will sag easier and age much quicker. So, when you're fifty get ready to be mistaken for sixty. Sun can be healthy, but being tan all of the time is quite the opposite.


No comments:

Post a Comment