Wednesday, March 2, 2011

I'd rather laugh than learn

   As negative and depressing as I am, my favorite form of entertainment is comedy. When I see my good friend Mike his TV is usually set to documentaries, the news or historical programs. Very rarely will I find this stuff interesting. The only sort of informative programs I can enjoy are obscure documentaries (anyone see My Strange Addiction?). I try to laugh as much as I can and education is not funny. I only interest myself in learning so I can get a good job.

   My dad rags on Howard stern and says how he can listen to it (because its all his friend listens to) but mostly he's disgusted by it. I can actually agree with him. Sometimes the raunchy jokes get old. A little variety wouldn't kill anyone. I like a lot of sit com's. A few favorites are Seinfeld, the king of queens, how I met your mother, community, outsourced, the league, its always sunny in Philadelphia and a bunch of others. The same goes for movies and now with Pandora on my phone I'm able to listen to comedians instead of music. People tell me to not take things so seriously and I think this is at least a start. Instead of feeding my serious behavior with depressing music, I've replaced it with stand up comedians. However, because if my daily commute, I've heard the same bits 30 times. Luckily, my favorite comedian Daniel Tosh has come out with a new album. Ill definitely be picking that up soon.

   I think the pressure of school and education has sucked out any chances of enjoying learning. What's wrong with that anyway? It makes me happy so why should I care if other people think my taste is dull? I think it's because most of the people I know are usually talking about the latest on Nat Geo while I'm reminiscing over the latest Community episode. Oh well, don't judge me.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment