Friday, March 4, 2011

Jerks in action

 

 I've seen them before, laughing and taunting others. Whether they had an agenda, or not, it's degrading and annoying. I actually had the pleasure of befriending a pompous asshole. I didn't really have a choice. We were acquaintances for years, but eventually shared a class together at our community college. I didn't know much about him aside from his loud and in your face behavior. Deep down, however . . . oh wait it was actually right on the surface, yup, he was an arrogant low life having no regard for other human beings and their feelings. Luckily, he got a taste of his own medicine from the female form of him (whom I'm also friends with, it was weird).

   During the days of our 'friendship' I was only slightly entertained at points. The few times we hung out, outside of class, I was only lured there by my own boredom and his genuine desire to hang out with me. We went to this diner one time with one of his friends. The stories they shared with me were nothing short of ridiculous. Common frat boy (even though they were nothing near frat boy types) tales of drunk fights and doing drunk girls. They had a contest trying to bang as many girls as possible until Thanksgiving. My friend Joe won by getting to 17. He told me a story of calling random people on the train racial slurs and getting into a fight about it. I've never actually seen these things so I took them all as lies. The worst thing I've seen him do was later that night. (Not that bad and actually kind of funny, but annoying) They drove seperately onto a two lane highway. They drove side by side going 20 mph on a limit of 65 for about a mile. The line of lights behind us looked like it went on for miles. I can't really say too many bad things about that.

   Whether his stories were fabricated, or not, I can't believe there are either of those types of people. How can you live life making up ridiculous stories stating they are true? Does it make you feel like a man? If the stories are true, I don't understand how people can have such a disregard for human emotions. Who are you to think you're better than everyone else? People are not objects made for your entertainment. I was harassed when I was in grade school. In fact, it was by my 'best friend' at the time and the kid who usually bullied me. Even though I was on the protected side, I didn't like it. I eventually loathed my friend Joe. He treated me so nicely, but I couldn't degrade myself to a selfish level. I believe many people are selfish, but this was just blatant immorality. I avoided his calls and am happy that I haven't heard from him.

No comments:

Post a Comment