Monday, March 14, 2011

How unfair Mr. policeman guy


(Okay, it's a little over the top, but still funny and relevant)

   I usually agree with the sides of the law if they are somewhat oppressive towards those who are completely wrong. However, other times it's pure stupidity and a clear disregard for a fair say. My friend went to New York this weekend. On his way to a show he had to use the subway as most of the population of New York does. As he arrived at the turnstile, it seemed as if his card did not work on any of the lanes. Someone else approached them, tried and also failed. As they stared at each other in confusion, the stranger jumped the turnstile so he would not miss his train. Since the subway does not wait for anybody, my friend followed along since it was obvious that they weren't working. I would say that maybe he did not have enough money on the card, but he previously added ten dollars to the balance, clearly enough to go through.

   Instantly, they were both intercepted by an undercover cop. My brother pleaded his case, but the cop wouldn't listen. He even asked to put the metrocard into the dispensers to prove he had enough money and then to try the turnstiles. Once again, the cop denied this chance for my friend to justify his actions. So, bam, $100 down the drain. What was he supposed to do? (I also failed to mention there was no one in the booths either). The cop stupidly replied "Yes, with the economy they cannot hire as many booth attendants." That was his response to what my friend should have done as to not miss his train when the turnstiles were not working. However, if my friend wants to take it to court, he has to go all the way back to New York in hopes that the judge will find pity to exert onto him and free him of the fine. Sometimes I just don't understand, but I guess that life.

No comments:

Post a Comment