Thursday, March 17, 2011

St Patrick's day: the most pointless tradition ever

   I believe in holidays honoring those who believe in religious figures. Its what makes America the place it is. However, the tradition is dumb. There is no correlation between getting as drunk as possible and St Patrick. Fyi, he wasn't even Irish (which I'm sure is why we've adopted drinking into this holiday). This is just another reason to go out and drink. I think it's stupid. As if every holiday didn't involve drinking. This one just had to be about what most young adults already do every weekend. A tradition is usually a treasured activity that is done every so often to make it that much more special.

Guy 1: it's St Patrick's day what should we do?
Guy2: not sure. What did we do last night?
Guy1: I don't remember, I was wasted.
Guy2: awesome! Lets do that

   You're dumb and your tradition is dumb. Now I have to go out to a bar because my girlfriend is dragging me there. I'm so excited to wait 30 minutes to get a beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment