Saturday, March 12, 2011

Japan Shaken Up

   I always hear about these types of disasters that have no effect on my life. It's hard for me to care when I avoid the news and it doesn't change anything in my life. I do empathize with those who were affected, but I still go about my day carefree. The earthquake in Japan for me was quite different (but it's not like I'm going to join the Peace Corps or anything). I was stuck in the cabin on the cruise ship with only 4 channels to watch. Luckily, we caught a glimpse of the story on Fox news.

   What my eyes experienced was devastating. Japan was in total shambles. With everything going on in the world and the most advanced nation was disabled by an unavoidable disaster. But it wasn't over because there was the tsunami and the aftershock. Things just kept getting worse. I can't even imagine how those people feel. The one's who survived probably lost a lot and maybe even some family members. How do you recuperate from that? I sometimes wonder if we are all doomed because earthquakes are unpredictable. Not only that, but there is no way to be fully protected from it either. Let's hope Japan opens up their strict cultural doors and accepts help from other countries. They can't do it on their own.

No comments:

Post a Comment