Friday, February 25, 2011

You're always right

I don't voice my opinion too often unless I agree with someone (aside from this blog). It's not because I always think I'm right, but I'll try to undertsand other peoples' points of view. My brother is out of his mind. Most of the time I can't stand him, but he is my brother and he has issues. I'll try to let him know when he's wrong, but it never goes well. Just like everybody else, nobody wants to hear they're wrong because we all think we know more than everyone else. I notice that whenever someone makes a good point, the opposing side won't acknowledge it. Somehow they'll be able to justify that that one point is only one good point, so they ignore it. We are  a society in such denial it sickens me. Maybe I'm easily swayed, but if someone makes a valid point with arguments to back it up, I say they're right because they are. Let's take Facebook for example. Mark Zuckerburg stole the whole idea when he was supposed to work with those two guys. Ok, they weren't too careful with who they asked to help, but essentially it was their idea. Zuckerburg said he would help make it and instantly began his own site with the same exact idea. So, those twins were pretty much out of luck because they didn't copyright it. How could they when they were under the impression that it was currently being worked on? I think that it was wrong and Zuckerburg shouldn't have been praised for stealing that idea. Regardless of the financial state of the twins, they were still entitled to creating that idea. My friend said that Zuckerburg was smart and pretty much laughed at the guys who were deceieved. I asked if that was appropriate. You are really going to complement Zuckerburg? What if that happened to you? They didn't care because they told me 'but it didn't happen to me'. They agreed that Zuckerburg was wrong, but I'm focusing on congratulating him for his deception. You think it's right to say he's smart? Personally, I think he's a jerk. I used to be in a band. If I was writing a song with someone and they go behind my back and copyright the song under their own name, I'd be pissed. Especially if someone told me that they were smart for doing that. Yea, you're entitled to your own opinion, but what happened to common human decency, open-mindedness and sympathy? Allegedly, it doesn't exist anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment