Friday, February 25, 2011

They say to have faith

Ever since I can remember, I went to church every Sunday. My mom is one of those crazy Christians who believes that pretty much everything is the devil. As religious as she is, she's not preachy to strangers which I can kind of admire.  But religion has been so drilled into me I can't take it anymore. I stopped going awhile ago, but I think I still believe in God. Its tough to believe in an all powerful and loving deity when so much goes wrong in this world. Especially when I think about how I turned out. I wonder what went wrong in my life to have me always want to be liked by everyone. What's even worse is that I also think people are constantly judging me in a negative way. When I'm alone I can be reasonable and realize that I'm crazy, but put me in the center of a room and I feel like curling up and dying. Do I blame God? I don't know. I sometimes wonder if God even exists because what legitimate proof is there? If you ask a Christian this question they answer with one word: faith. Although, it seems a little crazy to me to believe that God is in total control in my life and just let things be. They say that all I have to do is believe and pray and things will get better. Let me ask an even more intriguing question. How do we know what religion is right? Regardless of what we would like to believe maybe Islam is the true religion? Or what about Judaism? Does that mean if we spend our whole lives living by the Bible, die, our afterlife wont be a good one because we chose the wrong religion? I want to say that the Bible seems the most believable but who knows. Anything is possible isn't it? So it really comes down to your faith in the religion of your choice. Debate with religion, however, is subjective. It comes down to each religion thinking they're right and everyone else is wrong. The deciding factor? Wait to see where death takes you. Until then I really I no idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment