Sunday, February 27, 2011

Its too much work to stay healthy

   Eat this, don't eat that, run this far for this long and you might lose some weight. I'm 5'7 and used to weigh about 160 pounds after high school. I literally gained the freshman 15 and I looked awful. What's even worse is that I was in a band causing me to wear really tight clothes. I was pretty delusional at the time. I was eating terribly and my sit down job didn't help. I was never the type to workout but I could tell I needed it. It was tough. I would run/walk for about thirty minutes and felt like I ran a Marathon. The next day I would barely be able to walk. Did I lose weight? Nope. I rarely had time to do anything else and now I needed to find time to workout, plus I had to count my calories. It took me a few months, but I lost the weight and was back to where I should be. However, some people think that now they can go back to how things were but be a little more careful. Wrong. That's how I got to gaining that weight. That was a few years ago and now I still dread working out. Its uncomfortable and I don't get anything out of it. Because of my weight I'd probably have to run about an hour and a half a day. I already can't stand running for a half hour, how the hell am I supposed to run for an hour? Everyday? I guess that's the concept of working out, a lot of work for little results. Call me pessimistic but its true. Luckily, I still have some discipline to keep my weight down. All in all, its worth it to do just enough to keep my weight down.

No comments:

Post a Comment