Thursday, February 24, 2011

Obsession is conditional

I notice that overall, obsession is not really a good thing. Once it has such a negative effect on someones life something needs to change. However, I feel that there are also obsessions that aren't bad but are looked at negatively. An obsession with TV isn't good because it encourages lazy behavior. That makes sense to me. No one is going around bragging that they are obsessed with TV. When it comes to drinking though, apparently its cool. Don't get me wrong I like to get drunk with friends every now and then, but I'm not cracking a beer everyday. Those who are, are usually viewed as 'cool'. But what if I were to tell you I was obsessed with my girlfriend? You'd laugh wouldn't you? Go ahead, thanks to my obsession I now eat better and workout. I also drink a lot less but I guess that's pretty standard when a relationship gets serious. Although, those who know how obsessed I am don't think its a good thing. I asked why and they would beat around the bush. If it doesn't directly affect you why do you care? I'd understand if we grope each other in public but we don't, in fact when we are around others we usually don't even seem like a couple. But once others know of the truth, there are no positive thoughts of the situation. They judge and/or laugh. What about guys obsessed with sports? I love football, but my intense interest in it is accepted because that's what society tells us. I doubt any Guy is a secret sports fan, but am more than sure there are several sensitive guys in hiding.

No comments:

Post a Comment