Saturday, February 26, 2011

Night Time Phonage

I just finished reading an article about attaching our eyes to our phones when we are in the company of our loved ones. This guy decided that he and his girlfriend should keep their phones out of the bedroom. He confessed that he would be on it until he turned off the lights and would even wake up in the middle of the night checking to see if there was any activity he missed. I am never on my phone when I'm with my girlfriend. I feel that it is rude and she would feel like I'm ignoring her. Sadly, she doesn't care too much because she is constantly on her phone. I want to talk with her, have some sort of intimacy, but shes always watching tv, on her phone, or on her computer while I pretty much just sit there. Even though I'm always with her, it doesn't feel like I'm with her. I wish we would try this, but she would probably just get annoyed that she doesn't have her phone near her.

   Well the guy and his girlfriend tried it and now they are closer than ever. They just talk about everything and anything. I'm so confused about my situation because I sadly seem to be the girl. I mention it to her and she just gets mad. I even bring it up in an even toned voice, but it doesn't matter it's just like flipping a switch with her. Maybe things will get better with time.

heres the article: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/luke-wahl/no-phones-in-the-bedroom-_b_828642.html

No comments:

Post a Comment