Monday, February 28, 2011

The predictable oscars

   James Franco and Anne hatheway hosted the 83rd academy award ceremony. Actually it might be safe to say that Anne hatheway hosted the whole show. Franco decided to be a pompous douche and not say much. He was probably high which just validates my argument that he was a pompous douche. You are hosting an honored piece of entertainment. Millions of people are counting on you to be entertained, its why you are paid a million dollars a week. The only sort of credit I can give him was that fantastic pink dress and Charlie scheen joke. I actually laughed at loud which is pretty rare for me to do when viewing these award shows. He also seemed quite cocky in an interview before the show. He was asked on what he thought of hatheway. Instead of any kind of praise, it seemed as if he was reading off of the interests section of her Facebook page. "Well she's likes movies and acting" get over yourself you dick.

   I actually never cared for Anne hatheway. She just seemed boring. So, when I heard she was hosting the academy awards I was even less thrilled than before. Did I mention these types of things bore me? Regardless, I was impressed. She was full of life, entertaining and had a surprisingly good voice. Maybe it was my low expectations but she did very well.

   What's her face said the f word. Ugh, you phony. She obviously did it because of the low status of herself and her award. She knew it wouldn't be too recognized by the media so she spiced it up by selling out and degrading her speech to appear nervous and unawares. Faaaaake.

   Natalie portman won best lead role which I'm glad that happened. I didn't see the Black Swan but I've never seen a role portman couldn't handle. The kings speech won best feature film, a few other awards and was nominated for 12 all together. That is actually impressive enough for me to want to see it. Surprisingly, I'm not a tough critic with movies. I rarely think a movie is that bad. When it is, I'll  usually say it was just ok.

   That's about it for the academy awards talk so until next year people.

No comments:

Post a Comment